Skate Park Rules
Ojai Skate Park Rules and Information:
Ojai Skateboard Park Rules & Regulations
This facility is for skateboarding, in-line skating and roller skating only.
USE OF THIS FACILITY IS A VOLUNTARY, POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS RECREATION
ACTIVITY. THIS SKATEBOARD PARK IS NOT REGULARLY SUPERVISED. USERS AND
SPECTATORS VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS AND DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH
AND INCIDENTAL TO THIS FACILITY. THE CITY OF OJAI WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE
FOR INJURIES INCURRED BY USERS OR SPECTATORS OF THIS SKATEBOARD PARK.
- It is unlawful for any person to use skates or a skateboard in this Skateboard Park without wearing a helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. $275 fine first offence.
2. Skateboard Park Hours: Dawn to Sunset.
3. Truancy laws will be strictly enforced (currently set forth in California Education Code §48260, et. seq.). School aged children (under 18 years of age), are not allowed in the Skateboard Park during school hours while their school is in session;
4. No skating on walls, curbs, driveways or parking lots of surrounding area.
5. Additional equipment, obstacles, apparatus, ramps, jumps or other elements may not be brought into the Skateboard Park.
6. Skateboard Park will not be open during inclement weather.
7. Glass, food or drink is not allowed inside the fenced skate area.
8. This is a tobacco, drug, alcohol and violence free park.
9. Animals are not allowed inside the fenced skate area.
10. Tagging, graffiti or stickering is prohibited. (Sec. 4-18.301 OMC and Penal Code § 594). Such activity may result in punishment and temporary closure of the Skateboard Park.
11. Be courteous and respectful of others. Please use appropriate language.
12. Amplified music or audio headsets is prohibited within the Skateboard Park.
13. No formal contests of any kind shall be held without prior written approval of the City Director of Recreation.
14. Bicycles, scooters and razors are not allowed inside the fenced skate area.
15. Spectators are not permitted inside the fenced skate area.
16. Do not use the Skateboard Park if a hazardous condition exists. Report any damage/
hazardous condition to the City of Ojai at 805-646-5581.
17. The City of Ojai is not responsible for lost or stolen items or damage to personal
18. Violators of these skateboard park rules shall be subject to citation and/or removal from the facility. (Sec. 3-7.06 OMC).
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1
The City of Ojai reserves the right to remove anyone from the skateboard park facility at any time for any reason, and reserves the right to close this facility for City sponsored special events or for any other reason.